Tuesday, January 27, 2009

To Colorado and back

During my trip to Colorado last weekend my friends convinced me to make a blog...... so here it is the M2 update!!! Yes I am very uncreative in naming things but oh well here it is and now its time for the update part.  As mentioned before last week Jesse, Tim, and myself drove next door to Colorado to climb at the poudre canyon.  Unfortunately we got snowed out and were forced to make other plans.  After meeting up with our friend Collin in Ft. Collins we jumped in the car and drove out to the millennium boulder (which is basically right next to red rocks).  I'll say it now this piece of rock is badass!  The millennium boulder is basically a rock house with super fun lines covering every side.  We all started warming up on the various easy and moderate problems on the boulder and the moved on to the business.  Unfortunately I do not remember all the sends of the day but I know that Jesse sent Deseret sds and Tim sent Cannibal Dance.  As for me I walked away with no sends but rather a new project.  To the right of cannibal dance is this really interesting line called purity control, it’s basically a series of two dynamic cruxes both of which are rather hard.  By the end of the day I had the first crux wired but couldn't seem to do the second one.  Oh well I’m confident that the next session I'll be able to finish that bad boy off.  On a happier note I got to try out my new evolv optimus shoes.  Those things are sweet!  For the longest time I've been looking for a technical downturned shoe which don't kill my feet.  I found them!  Anyway now that I indulged my shoe obsession I cant think of any other news to share.  First blog done!  Check back next weekend to see what else has gone down.

 

-Mike

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, all you need now is to start putting pic's and video up. Looks like i will be starting a blog as well in a few weeks as it is mandatory in one of my classes.

    Send,
    Jesse B.

    ReplyDelete